Wednesday 20 February 2008

I'm forever blogging Bubbles...

Now and again, this blog will allow itself to venture into mischievous realms because ... well, because we can. I'm intrigued by the characters involved in the FutureBuilders /Adventure Capital Fund business. Stephen Bubb, who chairs ACF and is the chief executive of ACEVO, used to work for the Community Fund, when I was on the Board. I can reveal here that he had two nicknames - Bubbles, used when people were feeling kindly, and Beelzebubb when they weren't; I was usually in the latter category. One of Bubb's colleagues at the Fund was Richard Gutch, the apparently soon-to-be-displaced director of FutureBuilders (they collaborated on a report on commissioning published last year). Another colleague was Janet Paraskeva, who chaired the panel which appointed Campbell Robb (then at NCVO) , as Director of The Office of the Third Sector - I was also on the panel. Observers see NCVO as in effect having lost out to ACEVO in the bidding process for FutureBuilders, the rules for which were set by...The Office of the Third Sector. What to make of it all? I leave the question hanging...

No comments: